Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Grateful Dead + Belgian ale


Last night, I finally went to check out a weekly Dead acoustic night at The Belgian Room with my dad and my girlfriend.

The band is Star '69, an expansive collective of Deadcentric musicians committed to bringing live Dead to the masses, who were kind enough to play my Memorial Day barbecue last summer.

They covered an array of my favorite Dead tunes (Morning Dew, Sugaree, Mexicali Blues, etc) and some Beatles and Stones tunes as well.

The vibe was extremely laid back. We sat on a couch playing Scabble while indulging in the tasty Belgian style ales and free pomme frites (another plus).

The people sitting at the bar, bartender included, were discussing Phish tour and reveling in the tunes.

So, everyone should come down next week and the week after and so on and build this up into a fun, friendly night of Dead music.

It's every Monday night 8-12.

No comments:

Post a Comment